Additionally, the new beta build brings in some bug fixes and optimizations for system power consumption, call stability, and user experience of apps in split-screen mode.
You can check out the complete changelog of Open Beta 4 below for all the details:
- Optimize the stability of the call
- Optimized system power consumption
- Optimized some UI display with Alarms
- Optimized the user experience with a split-screen of apps
- Fixed the issue that gaming frame rate decreased when pulling down the status bar
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Fixed the lagging issue with MX player
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the low probability automatic disconnection issue with Wi-Fi
The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units running the previous beta build will receive the Open Beta 4 as an OTA, and those who are having the official builds on their devices and want to give the beta version a try can head to the source link at the end of this article for more details.
But do note that beta builds aren’t as stable as the official ones and are best avoided on primary smartphones.