Sony has started seeding Android 11 to its Xperia 1 II smartphones and the first country to get it is Taiwan. The build number is 58.1.A.0.921 and it’s right on schedule because Sony promised the update by the end of December.
We expect the Android 11 update to hit more Xperia 1 II units in the following days or weeks. The patch itself is just 933MB big and holds November’s security patch too.
Along with the native Android 11 features, the Xperia 1 II gets the following in-house features:
- Cinema Pro app adds support for 4K HDR 120fps slow motion video recording (previously 4K HDR 60fps)
- Photo Pro app adds new MR mode to set/save frequently used options
- 5G+4G dual SIM dual-standby capability (previously 4G+4G dual-standby)
- BatteryCare now provides custom options for 80% and 90%.
- Screen recording added to notification bar
- New wallpapers
- Long press power button brings smart home control
- Wi-Fi and hotspot can be turned on at same time
- Modem (baseband version) updated